Hello Deerfield Families:
We're in the home stretch! We've got a few more events before Summer and we need you! Volunteering with the PTA is a great way to become more involved with the school, the district and parents of all grade levels. Here are our updates, hope you can join us:
May 7-10: Teacher Appreciation Week. To help out please contact Jennifer Griner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, May 10: PTA Meeting, with special guest IUSD Board Member, Dr. Gavin Huntley-Fenner
Wednesday, May 22: Open House Dinner with Music and Games, please be sure to purchase your dinner from Jerry's Dogs early! Flyer's were sent out this week and are available in the office.
Friday, June 14: PTA Meeting. Meet the new PTA Board and sign up for next year's activities!
June (date to be announced soon): PTA End of the Year Get Together. Let's all get together for an afternoon of eating, mingling and just having a good time. All volunteers and potential volunteers are invited!
A few reminders:
1. Affordable Health Care. There is affordable health care available for children and adults through the Irvine Children's Health Program. For more information, please contact Magdalena Hurtado at 949-724-6645 or email her at email@example.com
2. Our school has joined IPSF and is registered with Communities for a Cause. Just download the app on your iPhone or Android and shop/eat at the listed places. 10% of your bill we be donated to IPSF from which 5% will come directly to Deerfield.
Farrah N. Khan
President, Deerfield PTA
*******An Important Message about IPSF**********
Dear Deerfield Families,
Often I receive questions regarding making a donation to Deerfield directly through our PTA versus contributing to the Irvine Public Schools Foundation, IPSF. Parents are concerned that they are giving to opposing interests, however this is most definitely not the case. Does Supporting IPSF help “Deerfield?” “Does supporting the Irvine Public Schools Foundation help my child?” The answer is “Absolutely!”
Without IPSF support, Deerfield would be a very different learning environment for our children….
· Imagine larger reading groups due to fewer instructional assistants
· Think about the loss of elementary music classes that inspire and shape young minds
· Picture a year without ACE classes and K-8 Summer Enrichment Academy to reinforce learning
· Consider your child losing the opportunity to excel in the Science Fair or Honors Concert
Your generous support of IPSF makes these programs possible, at our school and every school in IUSD. We want them to continue, but we need your help. Donations made to the Irvine Public Schools Foundation by December 31 will directly impact the level of support for these programs at Deerfield next year.
There are only a few weeks left until the end of the year. Will you please consider making a donation to IPSF? You should have recently received a letter from IPSF asking for your support. I hope that you will consider returning the donation form that was included with the letter or you may go to www.ipsf.net to make a donation. Every donation makes a difference. Every family’s support is needed. Thank you once again for helping to make Deerfield such an outstanding place for our students to be!
P.S. Did you know that your donation to IPSF will be matched dollar for dollar through the City of Irvine of Irvine’s challenge grant? Make your money work twice as hard for our schools by giving to IPSF.